Locations: Palm Beach Gardens Campus
Time type: Full time
Posted on: Posted Today
Job requisition id: R0008692
Under general supervision, responsible for providing financial aid guidance to prospective, currently enrolled students, parents and the community in addition to evaluating and analyzing financial information submitted by applicants to determine eligibility for financial assistance and determine type and amount of aid to be awarded in accordance with established federal and college standards and guidelines. This role will be required to work a fluctuating schedule to include nights, weekends, and at other campuses as scheduled.
Minimum Base Pay: $41,961.00. All salary calculations start at the minimum salary and will be based on candidate's education and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary)
· Provides comprehensive counseling to students both currently enrolled and prospective students and their families as to the guidelines of the financial aid process and eligibility utilizing a variety of formats.
· Advises students on all financial aid awards, and other alternative financing options when applicable.
· Reviews student financial aid applications for completeness and compliance with applicable guidelines.
· Prepares presentations and conducts financial aid workshops, new student orientation, and other events in support of enrollment and recruitment activities.
· Explains loan options and ensures that students and co-signers understand their repayment responsibilities.
· Counsels students and families to educate them in the understanding of their expected family contribution (EFC) and how it affects their financial aid eligibility.
· Provides guidance and counsel to students who are considering withdrawing from all classes and informs them of the return of Title IV funds process and ramifications of withdrawing. Counsels on how to regain financial aid for future semesters.
· Reviews and evaluates verification, Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), and special circumstances documentation for completeness and accuracy to support and move students through the process and determine financial aid eligibility.
· Evaluates, monitors and advises students regarding their Satisfactory Academic Progress plan to ensure adherence to the policy.
· Determines if students qualify for unusual or mitigating circumstances, to counsel students on process for their specific needs.
· Stays abreast of regulatory updates and changes by committing to professional development within the scope of their responsibility for managing caseloads.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Two years of related work experience
· Federal, State, Local, and County applicable financial aid laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines
· Microsoft Office Professional or similar application
· Federal needs analysis formula
· IRS tax laws related to financial aid
· Difference between clock hour and credit hour programs and the awarding methodology for each program
· Academic Advising Principles
· Attention to detail while maintaining effective time and task management
· Fact finding, analysis, and problem solving
· Demonstrate critical thinking and interpersonal skills
· Interact in a positive manner with diverse populations and varying education levels of students, faculty, staff, and the public
· Organize and prioritize multiple, competing priorities to maximize personal and team effectiveness
· Effectively communicate verbally and in writing on a regular basis with internal and external customers, build relationships, manage customer expectations and take responsibility for a high level of service
Licenses, Registration, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
· Regular physical attendance required
· Must not be debarred from Title IV Programs, and not in default on Title IV student loans
Education and Experience:
· Four years of related work experience
· Written and spoken bilingual communication
Work Environment and Physical Demand:
· Reach and grasp objects
· Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl
· Use of video display terminal
· Use of manual dexterity and fine motor skills
· Communicate information orally and in writing
· Receive and understand information through oral and written communication
· Proofread and check documents for accuracy
· Work a fluctuating work Schedule
This job description is intended to be generic in nature and describe the essential functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities, and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Please review the following information in order to apply for a position at Palm Beach State College:
· Carefully review the minimum qualifications advertised for the available position as only applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be considered.
· Background Check/ Drug Screen may be required based on the specific requirements of the position for which the application is being submitted. Employment is contingent upon the passing of a drug test and upon completion of a criminal background investigation.
· An important goal of the Office of Human Resources is to respond to all applicants once a selection is made. Please take notice of the position closing date advertised. Whenever positions are filled, the Office of Human Resources responds to all applicants who have submitted applications.
This position is open until filled
Here is the link for anyone who is interested to apply: